Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Redefining how we define ourselves in the Digital Age: A Video Proposal


I have come to the conclusion over the past few months, through a process of discovery, that we can't and shouldn't move backwards. We are now in the Digital Age, and we're too hesitant to move forward with it because we see so many bad things about it. We're focusing in on the knots in our society and difficult things that take time to get past.

The way past this, I've come to realize, is forging a new IDENTITY. It's redefining how we define ourselves. We, as millennials, have that responsibility and that honor.

3 comments:

  1. I think you present a valid point, but I think it is the past that shapes who we are today—it creates our identity. I agree that we shouldn't dwell in the past, but focus on those things that shape us and make us who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you challenge the status quo and argue for forging new identity, but as it is this is quite abstract and a lot will depend on the details of what you mean. How is identity understood, manifest, forged anew? (especially when not everyone is online or understands online identity similarly)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this. I think it's time we embrace the digital age and recreate ourselves in a way. Sites like LinkedIn, Greenroom, blogs, Facebook, etc. give us the ability to completely put ourselves online. The only setback is security. How much are we willing to change our identity if it means putting our entire selves out there? Also, what will happen if the internet crashes and our iCloud satellites are destroyed? Will we lose our sense of identity? I know I did for the two days that my phone was broken.

    ReplyDelete