Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Social Media vs. Identity

Excuse my not so cute face in this video ... but for this post I really had to determine what my argument was! I'm excited because I feel that my argument is quite a cliffhanger, and hopefully people will be intrigued enough to continue reading.



I believe that Social media and the flow of entertaining media coming through it's platforms is taking away precious opportunities to develop a personal identity. Also, social media news feeds are filled with posts ranging from videos to photos that impose social pressure. My sister like fads that are based on random dance videos or comedic moments but hold no real substance... just fleeting moments of pleasure and a grand waste of time. 

let me know what you think! 



1 comment:

  1. This video was super interesting to me, and I think you stated your argument well. I'm interested to see what kinds of comments you get! I agree with you that "fad culture" is creating a homogenous society with less real identity and more of a "whatever happens, happens" attitude. People are letting the world happen to them, instead of happening to the world.

    ReplyDelete