Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Digital Devices - Let's Break Down the Barrier

It was very interesting to try and get the views of the negative impacts of computer use from people using the computer to look at my posts on facebook. This is an interesting concept because the people that will see my post are those that do use the computer more frequently. I am eagerly awaiting their responses.
I did get social feed back from a few peers. It was interesting to see that some of my peers that use digital devices the most are those that agree with me the most. I think this is due to the fact that they can see the negative and positive effects of digital devices on their social situations. Many gamers when asked what their hobbies are say that they play video games but also add a message of regret that they wish they would have done other things as a youth. These are the situations that we are trying to change. This is why we are making this information available, so that others can see the negative effects that digital use can have on social behavior.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think it's hard to find people who agree with your premise, so the hard work will be in finding serious proposals for a solution -- one that doesn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Perhaps you should look around to find those who have figured out how to tame or balance their time with computers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Jackson need to compare notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going along with what the professor has said, I agree that most people will agree with your claim. I am not sure how to turn it in order to add a more controversial side, but I will keep thinking and try to comment later some ideas I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going along with what the professor has said, I agree that most people will agree with your claim. I am not sure how to turn it in order to add a more controversial side, but I will keep thinking and try to comment later some ideas I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I agree digital screens get in the way of relationships if they become addicting, I think that overall they are actually helping people build relationships! I'll post a link to my blog. Since we argue opposite sides of this issue I think we could really help build each other's ideas!
    my blog

    ReplyDelete