Throughout this final project, and throughout the whole semester really, we have been following the process known as Design Thinking. It's basically the education version of The Innovators Method. The challenge we face is whether or not our idea for a final video will fit in a scholarly setting like Hybrid Pedagogy. Why can't our final project be an article about how we used Design Thinking to come together for a final project?
This article could discuss and have links to each of our iterations along the way. It would show how we went from our wheel and spoke method to our later iteration with individual parts grouped together by theme.
This final article would explain the what we learned from the process of making testing our ideas through new iterations on our midterms blog and learning from our mistakes along the way. This could have organized links to the "note card blogs" and further iterations and finally to a the final more polished versions of our project. Why would this be fantastic?
- Free range to use any form of media we feel will best convey our message while still complementing the form used on Hybrid Pedagogy. (see my previous blog to see what form Hybrid Pedagogy uses for it's articles).
- Allows our class to use anything from individual videos to RSA animates to convey our message.
- Clear and concise message that is easily processed by our potential audience.
- Eliminates need to an overly complex final video or animation
- Allows reader to see ALL the work we've done and not just our final polished work
So let's have final project inception by embedding our final project with in an article about our final project. Am I saying it will as awesome as the movie Inception? Yes, yes I am!