Saturday, March 12, 2016

Project Log: Alec Hammond


My name is Alec Hammond. I'll be using this log to record my progress on both the group project and my individual project.

Individual project - my progress

  • 3/1/16 - Published notecard iteration of personal project on blog.
  • 3/6/16 - Began incorporating my topic (radicalism and tolerance) into the broader topic of communication. While not terribly thorough, it was only meant as an attempt to generalize my topic. I was hoping to receive more feedback regarding this iteration.
  • 3/8/16 - Polished topic to fall under one of the five topics discussed in class. Originally, I intended my topic to fall under "Communication". After reviewing all of our topics in class, I realized it would fall better under "digital literacy".
  • 3/13/16 - Created an animated video using Pow Toons, a free online animation service. It took quite, some time, but really impacted my claim. I realized, however, that I began regressing toward some of my original content from previous iterations. It was a lot harder to blend the newer content. It will be interesting to see what kind of feedback I get.
  • 3/15/16 - Posted a 10 second claim video. I shared this video with family, friends, and coworkers in order to gain more social proof. Many people agreed to disagree with me. They urged me to continue with my claim.

Group project - my contributions

  • 3/8/16 - Shaped personal topic to better correlate with class themes.
  • 3/19/16 - Created a first iteration, rough draft for our "hub video project". It was very barebones with minimal animation, but it incorporated all of our voiceovers and visuals to link our ideas. I think there is a lot of potential here.

No comments:

Post a Comment